Tuesday 28 September 2010

Discipline

The other week my mate had a word for me, 'Discipline'. I'm not a fan of that word. It's a word that's easy to say but hard to incorporate in life. I've been finding the last number of months uneasy, like I'm almost hurting a little as my life is changing (for the better). Then I came across Hebrews 12:11 which starts:

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful....."

Now that rung true for me but read the rest of the verse,

"Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."

Wow! A harvest! And peace! I love how God can use difficult things and work them out for good. Hmmmm I think I've read that somewhere before.....

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him
" Rom 8:28

1 comment:

Stuie H said...

Good times . . . I love Jonny P! X